Great Smokey Mt National Park and The Lodge at Buckberry Creek 7-29-2005
One of our first trips to Gatlinburg, TN and Smokey Mt National Park. We found a very nice (but expensive)
lodge and did a short hike up to the observation deck at Clingman's dome. I'd definately recommend
the lodge if you can find a deal, and Clingman's dome is a great short hike. I liked walking around
the city of Gatlinburg, but Louise thought it was a horrible toursit trap so your milage may vary.
The Smokey Mts
1. Great Smokey Mt National Park, Historic Homestead
2. Scenic Overlook
3. Way cool paint job
5. Scenic Overlook
6. No explanation required
The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
7. House Restaurant, very good.
8. Restaurant deck
9. Above the City of Gatlinburg
10. Expensive, but a nice room
11. They have about 6 buildings on the property
12. Your very own private deck
Clingmans Dome Hike
1.0 mile round trip, 330' elvation
13. This is why it's called the Smokey Mountains
14. Yep, still smokey
15. On a clear day this is one of the highest and most scenic spots in the south. This was not a clear day.