On the Rock: A Musical Odyssey on Kingdom Living Based on the Sermon on the Mount
By Walt Harrah, Orchestrated and Written by David T. Clydesdale
Published in 1983
Download the Album (56 MB)
Preformed in 1985 by the GSUMC Youth Choir
- Other than a couple of vinyl LP's for Sale there is virtually no reference of this on the web.
- Side note. This is the reason this site exists. Years ago I finished digitizing everything I had on cassette tape and I added it to my music library. Our music library is about 20,000 songs, and I like to setup playlists with everything, and I mean everything. So I was sitting at work, waiting for an install to complete and my music list started playing On the Rock. I smiled and thought I would look it up online and see what information I could find. And I found nothing. WTF? And so, I figured something should be done about this.
- Update 12/1/2015 : I found a copy of the choir book for this musical online at a used bookstore and purchased a copy hoping that the book would have more information on the inside cover. No luck. A title page, a table of contents, and the music. Nothing else. I’m starting to wonder if the person that wrote it even like it himself. Not a single line of text from the Author or anything about the musical. Incrediblely strange.
- On the Rock
- Kingdom of God
- Blessed are the Poor
- Love Your Enemies Too
- Lord's Prayer
- What Me Worry
- God the Lilies and Me
- Seek and Ye Shall Find
- On the Rock
- Let Your Kingdom Come
- And He Shall Reign
- My First solo. I remember being incredibly self-conciseness about this as I was competing for the solo against my role models of George, Jamie, and Brent. Years later I finally got the courage to ask Sheryl why she choose me over the older and more seasoned kids and she said "After the audition it was always only between you and Susan". Hey Susan we rocked it!
- My first choir retreat. (If anyone reads this and remembers the name of the place we stayed please let me know since for me the name is now lost in the fog of time).